Angelo Bonaldi started the business originally served the Italian community, offering periodicals, books, newspapers, magazines and music in Italian. During the 1920’s, Angelo gave the business to his son Luigi, who turned over the business to his son Ezio in 1960.
In 1968, Bonaldi’s moved to Eastpointe, where it added Italian eith-trach and record and later gifts and jewelry to its inventory. The store moved to its present location in 1988. Ezio ran the business until his retirement in 2000, when ownership was passed on to his son Edward.